Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Final Technology Assessment

     At the beginning of this course, I felt apprehensive about many Web 2.0 technologies. I did not know how to fully use them, and I did not know how to begin to understand them. For instance, I thought that if I wanted to learn how to update web pages, I had to take a course in html. Now I realize I don't neccesarily have to take a college course to learn how to use what is available. The technology projects have taught me that I can learn technology on my own. As a result, I no longer feel as intimidated because with enough time and effort I can learn how to use the full range of Web 2.o technology.

     I have discovered the tools available on the web and I feel I have only just begun to tap into the possibilities for incorporating them into the library. I have realized I don't neccessarily have to know how to create web pages right now. I know how to create a blog and I am confident I can figure out how to embed it into a web page. I know how to update a blog, so this will give me the opportunity to maintain an up-to-date library web presence without knowing the underlying code.

     I have been exposed to a wide range of Web 2.0 tools and I want to keep learning more. I feel like I am prepared to incorporate technology in the library. I am full of ideas and I can't wait to get started. There is still a lot for me to discover and now I have an inkling of what is freely available. The biggest change is that I am no longer intimidated. I recognize that I am part of Web 2.0 and can contribute now. I don't have to wait until I have more technical knowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment